Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today's Hard Times

Are you feeling the pinch of the hard economic times? Actually, I have to say "no". According to the media I should be very, VERY concerned - so I asked my husband. He tells me he's getting a raise, our savings continue to grow normally and it is positive to see the prices of used vehicles coming down as we will need one soon.

Now, I do feel the pinch (more of a cramp!) each time I see food prices rise - it drives me nuts! But, my vegetable garden is doing well in the green house and we'll be transplanting to the outdoors in the next week. This has me smiling over my own tomatoes, corn, beans, peas, cucumbers, squash and let's not forget rhubarb. AND - Looking over a wild patch of grass near my rhubarb, I recently discovered chives and garlic growing (there is apparently a potatoe plant growing there, too, I must have tossed a potato there - ?). AND - To add to all that, just the other day an older fellow at church handed my husband a bag of wild leeks he found near his property. AND - We continue to have a regular provision of free bread given to us, too (a long story for another time)!

Our bills are paid monthly, we pay cash for everything and I never, NEVER cease to be amazed at how the Lord provides.

Hard times? Only for those who were taking the easy way before - those who had money on paper (or computer) only. Those who buy into the marketing schemes of credit companies.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:19

No comments: