Thursday, March 26, 2009

Titus 2 Study Questions

Our ladies study group just finished the next section of our study on Martha Peace's book, Becoming a Titus 2 Woman. Just like the first section, I thought I would share the self study questions we have for homework:

Reminder: Why are we studying this?
*do I believe that God is speaking to all christian women in Titus 2:2-5?
*what ways have I sought to become a Titus 2 woman?
*What areas of my life continue to hinder my ability to be a Titus 2 woman?
*am I continuing to put my duties as wife and mother (grandmother) first?

How does a Titus 2 Woman Act?

1. Am I responsible for leading anyone into rebellion, or heresy, or hypocrisy, etc. by my behaviour or conversation?

2. Am I outwardly different from the world because of Christ's influence within me? Would those who are close to me agree this is true?

3. Would I accept a gentle admonishment from any of my authorities or peers as a time to examine myself or would I be offended and angry?

4. How cautious am I with my conversation? Where can I improve?

5. Read 1 Corinthians 6:12. How do I define 'freedom in Christ?'

Responding to 'Younger' Women?

1. Do I believe God would have me build relationships with other women for the purpose of encouraging and growing together in His Word?

2. Am I willing and able to reprove my christian friends from a biblical standpoint?

3. Do I allow my emotions to dictate my doctrine (Ephesians 4:14)?

4. Do I evaluate my heart in each situation (i.e. my reason for participating in any situations)?

3 comments:

Mrs. Parunak said...

These are really excellent questions. I especially like the one about receiving correction. That's so important.

Eszti said...

Thank you for sharing. It was so thought-provoking, that i decided to ask you to lend it to me. So: Can I translate all of the Titus2 study questions into Hungarian (I have a Hungarian blog, and I think I would share that with my readers.)

And by the way: I just wanted to ask the same thing about the whole GIFT story. Can I translate that one, too? In our church, there are some teenager girls, who just can't wait for their Authentic (that was the boy's name, or maybe I don't remember correcly...). We are the youth leaders of our church (with my husband), so we need this material- with your permission. I would really appreciate that. Thanks for the answer. God bless you.

Kim from Canada said...

Hello Eszti!

You are most welcome to use the material, please let people know where they can read more here on the blog.

I have seen your blog when you first visited here, but obviously I can't read the language. It is nice to meet you!