Thursday, March 12, 2009

Growing Everyday

Recently, several ladies from church and I have been studying Martha Peace's book Becoming a Titus 2 Woman. Just like her book The Excellent Wife, this book can be very inspiring for women of all ages.


Part of our process in working through the study is to add some of our own questions to those that are already part of each chapter. I was just reading over the recent questions from our last meeting and thought they really apply to anyone, whether reading this book or not. The subtitles come from the chapters we were studying:


Questions for self examination and discussion:

Doctrine

1/ How much of my doctrine is scripturally based? What are the scriptures that have given me conviction for my doctrine? Do I know my church doctrine?

2/ If I am seeking the Lord's lead for growing doctrinally, am I reading/watching/listening to different things that will accomplish this goal?

3/ What is the percentage between doctrinal/scriptural material vs. secular (entertaining) material that takes up my time?

4/ If put on the spot, could I give someone scripture and verse to tell them why I believe my salvation is secure for eternity? Could I show them good literature (media) to help them gain understanding of my doctrine?

Character

1/ How do others see me? Is it important? Why or why not?

2/ Could I do a testimony of how I have changed for the Lord in the last two years? Five years? Would others agree that I have changed?

Ministry

1/ Where do I serve with my time outside of the home?

2/ Am I a cheerful part of the working body of Christ?

3/ When an area of service is 'assigned' to me, do I accomplish it joyfully? Do I seek to do more?

All these questions are appropriate for any Christian - there isn't much point in reading the Bible unless we are constantly looking to grow in God's will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Martha Peace! Both The Excellent Wife and Attitudes of a Transformed Heart were life-changing for me. I haven't read this book yet, though. Those questions you posted were great.