Monday, February 2, 2009

Sometimes the book is the cover...

I've taken some time to refresh myself lately. For those of you who read here regularly, you probably know I have been struggling with a certain issue (read about it here).

The young lady mentioned in the earlier post has officially given herself over to lasciviousness. She and the young man/boy are openly dating; and missing church :o(

The other night we hosted another Y.A.C.C. Bible study and they arrived together. Other than to display their relationship, I can't see any reason why they were there. This young man/boy has come to studies previously and his ignorance to God's will for his life has been plain. Now the young woman chooses to giggle and joke around with him rather than participate.


I still look at the man/boy and ponder why God allows him to be present in our church. He dresses disrespectfully (ripped jeans worn low enough to show off his underwear, t-shirts and hoodies, unshaven, toques - that's knit skull caps for the American readers) for Sunday services. He doesn't sing along with the hymns or open a Bible and never, ever serves. This is a book cover that does tell the whole story.


Many others have commented how he only comes to church for the young lady. I have to disagree because this implies that he cares for her. On the contrary, I believe he comes for how the young lady makes him feel. If he cared for the young lady, he would want to be a better man. This is a self serving situation.


These have been the thoughts that have taken me over lately. I knew I had to resolve it in my heart with God. I wanted to shake this girl; to lock her up until the man/boy moves his attentions elsewhere. I wanted to wait in the parking lot one day and and beat the man/boy senseless - or at least until he agreed never to return.


As I have prayed and studied, the Lord brought me to a conversation Peter had with Jesus (John 21). Peter wanted justice to be done to Judas Iscariot for his treasonous choices - I can totally empathize!

Jesus sayeth unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. (vs. 22)


Oh. Okay, Lord.


So this is where I eat my own words from the Ruby Club Bible studies.

Do I believe what God is saying.

Yes.

Do I care to listen?

Yes.

Do I trust that He is soveriegn over all?

Yes.


I am thankful for an answer to prayer, even though it wasn't the answer I thought I wanted. I am thankful for the peace it has brought me. I am thankful for God's patience with me when I forget His peace is always there for me - I just have to take hold of it.


My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Psalm 62:5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tender and honest post! I have felt the same way before. I thought your insight about the young man caring about how the girl makes him feel was especially brilliant. If only more young women could understand that one!!! If only the young woman you are talking about understood it, for that matter.

Janet said...

Dear Kim,

I understand your frustration. But your conclusion is correct: God IS Sovereign.

We have a grandson who was born out of wedlock, and we witnessed firsthand the grace of God in his life, and in his mother's life. She is now married to a godly man, and they are raising their children to know and love the Lord. That particular grandson is a special blessing with a heart to serve. We just stand in awe at the grace of God when we see how He restores the years the locusts have eaten away.

Kim from Canada said...

It is having like-minded people around that helps alot, too. Fellowship must be sovereignly ordained.