Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring Fever


My gardening assistant pictured above

The unseasonal weather we're experiencing has my green thumb itching. I have pulled out some of my old favourite Harrowsmith magazines and I'm picturing my garden underneath that thick (but melting!) layer of snow. Mary, who sells a variety of seeds is getting her packages ready - and I'm preparing my wish list for her. This year I am trying out some new plants and finally giving up on others.

After several seasons of trying beets, I give in to the fact that they don't like my soil and the few bulbs that do manage to grow are just a favourite midnight snack for the deer - ditto for the corn. I am going to switch to radishes and stevia. At this point, I just can't wait to sink my toes in the dirt!

OK, weird I know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking garden-type thoughts today myself! Mine were more about needing to do more research so I could maybe do a little bit better job this year than last. And that's not a "dreaming" sort of thought. That's a buckle down right now, Spring is around the corner type thought! Oh, my.