Friday, July 3, 2009

Sunday School Summer Picnic

Every summer we plan a picnic at our church. We always say it's for the kids, but the adults enjoy it just as much! Here is the pastor giving the kids some instructions for games. Take a look at the difference in facial expressions in the kids. The older ones have heard it all before, but look at the little blonde in front of the pastor: Here is a closer shot of her expression. Such attention! Actually, knowing this little thing like I do (I'm Auntie Kim) I know what she's thinking. "Alright Pastor, whatever you say...just get on with the prizes!Most of the races are set up for all age groups, including the adults. However, the running races are just for the kids - after about 18yo, nobody wants to run anymore ;o) The shoe kick competition has become more popular since we added a target! That's my hubby standing in the field as all the teenage ladies try to hit him with a shoe. If you can hit him, you get that bag of smarties in his hand: I'm trying so hard to hit my husband, I have to stick my tongue out! Serious competition for smarties!
Here a couple of action shots of the egg toss. That's me in the blue shirt and white shorts. I have looked closely, but I can't see the egg that I'm catching: This shot shows the moment the egg broke in my hand. So gross! But we did take third place. The kids are great to watch at the egg toss, especially when it does break on them! That's Duck just missing the egg - but it didn't break that time: And, what's a picnic without several long tables lined with food? We'll never starve at our church! And once the games and food are done, the prizes come out. Our pastor knows how to pick good prizes. Junk food for anyone over 18yo and toys for the kids. Look at this mischievious fellow about to shoot his new nerf gun at the unsuspecting crowd below him:
And a wonderful time was had by all! We'll do it all again next year!
For more great show and tell stories, go see Mary!

3 comments:

Mary@Raising 4 Godly Men said...

LOL, I so enjoyed seeing your post on your church picnic. It looks like soooooooooo much fun ! I had to really chuckle when I saw the pic of you trying to hit your hubby with your shoe ! LOL That must have been fun. Did you get your bag of smarties ?!? [0=

I pray blessings on you and your family to have many more fun memories this summer. ((hugs))

Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC
In Him<><
-Mary

Annie Kate said...

Love your church picnic! I hope none of the shoes were too hard!

What a good idea, to do a potluck. I think I'll suggest it for our church picnic, which is still being planned.

Blessings from another reformed Canadian.

Annie Kate

Mrs. Parunak said...

Looks like fun! I've never seen a shoe toss before. How creative!