Friday, November 28, 2008

Definately Winter

I realize Canada is known for the snow...but do we really have to live up to that reputation? These are shots around house from Wednesday's storm.


What do homeschool kids do for snow days? Get started on the annual snow fort, of course. Why should public school kids be the only ones to get the day off?













It may look like it took awhile to find the car, but that's all part of the fun!


This is the view looking down the hill from our driveway. You will notice their aren't too many people who attempt to drive in this weather even after the plow has been by the street. The stop sign before the green house is the challenge for the season. And how is your weather?


For more Show and Tell, go see Mary.







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures! Yes, hs kids should also get snow days. We do that here too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! We get so little snow here that we declare snow days for slight mistings!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!! I sometimes give my kids snow days too. Mostly because snow days are not as common here, and personally I miss the snow (being from Canada myself). 8~)

Blessings,
Kym

Anonymous said...

Ohhh it looks sooooooo pretty ! We have only gotten a dusting but I know it is coming soon. Today is chilly and cloudy but no snow really yet. I love it when the boys build snow forts.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pics. [0=

Blessings and ((HUGS)) in Him<><
-Mary

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you are so lucky!! We don't have any snow yet here on the island. I can't wait though :)
Have fun in it!
Rosina

Anonymous said...

It looks just gorgeous up there! We've gotten a little snow, but it keeps melting in the afternoons. I think my kids are wishing for something a little more like what you have.

bubbebobbie said...

How lovely! I can hardly wait. Today we are still raking leaves and in the sixties!
You can actually sing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
Because of Jesus, Bobbie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, it's nice to meet a fellow Canadian!
I love your snow pictures! Unfortunately, we live in the only place in Canada that gets a wet winter instead of a white one!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

We got some of the white stuff this past week too. It keeps coming and blowing around. It is pretty, but I have to shovel a lot of snow, so it is less romantic for me this year. I think you live in a pretty area.

Carol