Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Book Review 2

Here's a little book I have been enjoying. God's Wisdom for Mothers is a cute little pocket sized book filled with scripture that has been organized under convenient headings. As compiled by Jack Countryman, the headings include: God's Wisdom is Needed in Every Mother's Life; The Crown of an Excellent Mother is from God; God's Wisdom with Children Requires Daily Training There are many more that are set out in easy to read format (from the NKJV) and convenient for short times for meditating on scripture. The size of the book is a perfect fit with my bible case and makes a great little gift for friends. Obviously, these books are not a substitution for studying from my bible, however, when I am swamped with homeschooling, or house management or any other number of events that put my daily schedule into a tailspin, a quick little book such as this gives me the opportunity to take little bites of scripture to feed me. This is a book that will stay right beside my Bible for a long time. Really, is there ever a time when God's wisdom isn't needed? Not in my life, anyway! Disclaimer: I receive books from Thomas Nelson Publishers (Booksneeze) free of charge in exchange for my unbiased opinion of them. I am not threatened or rewarded in any way in efforts to encourage me to provide a positive review. All opinions are mine.

1 comment:

Mrs. Parunak said...

Sounds like a nice little book!