Thursday, December 10, 2009

Upside Down Turtle

My computer is also my television. It is, obviously, in the living room of my home, and we have a bean bag chair that we place in front of the computer/TV stand when keyboarding. Neither my husband or I are technologically advanced enough to set the system up so that we can sit on the couch or lazyboy while 'computing'. I imagine the cost of the extra wiring is more than I am willing to pay, too.

So, I am having a hard time blogging lately. Not because there aren't events happening that I would like to share. No, I have several posts in my mind, actually. The problem is getting up from the computer when I'm done. Getting into the bean bag chair isn't difficult. Just plop down. However, when I am ready to get up, my increasing baby belly adds a new dimension to awkward.

Picture this: I have to roll to one side of the bean bag chair to get on all fours. Depending on which direction I roll, the coffee table or the fireplace provides support as I lift myself to a standing position. The dog thinks I'm playing a game with him.

Generally, it is more worth the effort when I can sit and write several posts all at once. Now that you know, be patient with me and my irregular posting. Of course, each time you do visit and read a new post, picture me rolling back to a standing position - it's okay to laugh, I do.

1 comment:

Mrs. Parunak said...

SMILE! I can so relate. I will doubly appreciate blog posts from now on!