Thursday, April 16, 2009

Duck Notes

When my husband and I were away from Duck for a length of time recently, I had written her several letters. Three per day to be exact, and I gave them to her before we left. Each envelope was labelled with the time she could open it, i.e. Saturday morning, Saturday at lunch, Saturday at bedtime.

These little notes of encouragement and love made me feel like I would still be part of her day, even when we were miles apart Duck like the idea so much, so she quickly made up letters for me to take on my trip, too.

But, the idea of little love notes has been part of our homes for long time. Look at these:
Every notebook I have is speckled with these notes and pictures. I was searching my Bible one day came across this sticky note:
That note is actually several years old, and I plan on keeping right there! That way, when my Duck is too old to leave me notes and pictures (hopefully never!) I will have some left to reminisce with!
For more Show and Tell, go see Mary!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

How sweet. I doubt our children know how much those little notes touch out hearts.
Blessings,
Dawn

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Men said...

I love hearing about memories like this ! I am hoping this year to write more love notes to my hubby and boys. Thank you for that reminder !

Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC
In Him<><
-Mary

Mrs. Parunak said...

Those are so sweet!

Antoinette said...

That is so precious. Your post reminded me of my 8 year old who is my little artist. Some of your children's renderings look like somnething she drew me.
What a precious show and tell.
Antoinette