Thursday, August 7, 2008

What day is it?

How did it happen? How can it be August already? True, all the signs have been in front of me as I watch my garden growing. True, I have been enjoying the beach friendly weather. True, everytime I open my door I give thanks for air-conditioning.

The part the snuck up on me was reading other blogs about preparing for the next school year, setting up daily routines, and so on. I'm not ready for that just yet! I still want to sit in my garden and pluck weeds. I still want to spend uncounted hours at the beach. I still want to have the hot weather outside and the cold climate inside. I want all that without having the little voice in my head telling it's time for school planning!

So...I've made my decision then. The rest of you homeschooling moms can plan your curriculums and schedules. You can organize the paperwork and textbooks. I will ignore it for just a little longer!

Oh, look. The Zellers flyer has arrived with all school stuff on sale...hmmm.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

I'm with you, I'm not ready to start planning yet, but I've read so much about it lately that I had to post about it, thinking maybe it might get me going. Hasn't worked yet. :)